Monday, September 8, 2014

Super Fun Weekend



   We had such a fun weekend! It started out with a sleep over at my house with my Aunt Pam and Cousin Presley (she is 8). They live two hours away and we do not get to hang out with them that often. They came into town early for my future sister-in-law’s bridal shower, which was on Saturday. Sadie had soooo much fun playing with Presley and eating pizza with her on Friday night. She got to stay up WAY past her bedtime, so she slept really well.

    Once every one was up on Saturday morning we made breakfast. And then Presley and Sadie played until it was time to get ready to go. The shower was really cute! It definitely reflected the personalities and lifestyle of my brother and his fiancé. They spend a lot of time outdoors and my brother is an avid hunter. The decorations were very rustic and reflected their interests. It made me even more excited for them and the upcoming wedding. They have been together for ten years so it has been a long time coming.

   Of course, I stressed over what to give them for their shower gift. I looked over their wedding registry a thousand times. Nothing really spoke to me. They have been together for years, and just built a house last year. After much thought I decided to make them something instead. I have a phobia of people getting multiples of whatever I have given them. I think it stems from the fact that my husband and I received four or five tents at our wedding shower (I think people forgot to have the cashier scan our registry list at check out).

   I ended up making them a bubble wreath. I have always thought they were adorable and I found a really easy tutorial (via Pinterest) on the Craftaholics Anonymous website (here is the link: http://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/burlap-bubble-wreath-tutorial-easy). It only took me two trips to Hobby Lobby (on the hottest day of the year), an hour, and repeating the words “Seriously, Sadie?” about 158 time (she kept trying to steal my supplies). It actually turned out cute and it is already hanging in the happy couple’s house.


   After the shower my Aunt and Presley had to head home. So Sadie and I went home to wait for the Daddy-Man to get home from work. After some dinner we went into town with his parents to get ice cream. And then we came home to watch Michigan (our fav team) play their last game against Notre Dame (our hometown team). Sadie had a blast staying up past her bedtime (for the second day in a row) and running around the living-room yelling at the TV.
Reppin' the Wolverine's in her new headband (made by me). GO BLUE!
 

Sunday definitely turned into a Sunday Funday. After a quick trip to the grocery store, I was able to start refinishing an awesome bench that we discovered in our basement. And then Sadie’s (puppy) cousin Walter came over to play. Walter is Pete’s (my sister-in-law’s boyfriend) pit-bull. Sadie is obsessed with him because he actually pays attention to her. Daisy, our beagle, ignores her 95% of the time. Sadie was so tired that she was in bed by 6:45 pm. It was a GREAT weekend.
Kisses from Walter. Photo Cred: Aunt Tabi

Commercial watching and cuddles. Photo Cred: Aunt Tabi

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com