Monday, September 22, 2014

Good Riddance Summer!

   Sayonara Summer! It's been real, but I am ready for you to leave. My memories of your 2014 visit will forever remind of one of those Sour Patch Kids commercials. However, you did things a little backwards. They started off sweet and then got sour. Our trip to Brown Country for my mother-in-law's surprise 50th Birthday weekend was a blast! We had so much fun celebrating with family and friends. And it was Sadie's first overnight trip which made things extra memorable. Then before we knew it Sadie's first birthday arrived. We celebrated her actual birthday with lunch at OG ( aka Olive Garden), a trip to Hobby Lobby (for party goodies), and we stopped at Whole Foods for a mini cupcake. It was a wonderful day, I didn't even cry!

Sadie at her Birthday lunch.

   Then things got sour. The next day my Dad had to make a trip to Chicago to see if the cancer treatments he had been receiving had worked. They didn't. He was told that he probably had two weeks to live. He made it two weeks and 2 days. Loosing him was sour. But during those last two weeks my family spent more time together than they have in the past ten years, which was pretty friggin' sweet.

Big Tom and his "Little Booger Head".
   So, like I said earlier sayonara Summer! The 2 Hottie's are MORE than ready for fall. I decorated our house two weeks ago for Halloween/Fall. Winter is my favorite season, but Fall is my favorite to decorate for. I live for visits to the pumpkin patch, Halloween costumes, candy corn, crunchy leaves, bon fires made by my pyromaniac husband, and the festivals!

I may have an obsession with the movie Hocus Pocus.
  Fall festival season officially kicks off for my little when we visit the Blueberry Festival. We love browsing the fall crafts and the blueberry donuts. Those donuts are worth waiting in line for half an hour. On Friday we went to Falloween at a near by high school. There were carnival rides, games, a garage sale, and loads of yummy food. Falloween is especially wonderful because majority of the money raised goes toward scholarships for students. In the past five years over $94,000 has been raised, which is pretty awesome. Next weekend Sadie gets to hang out with her Granny Ronald while mama and the daddy-man go down to James Dean Day's. 2 Hottie is pumped about the car show! I am excited to get out of changing diapers for a few hours. Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com