Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekend Hangover



Is anyone else still nursing a weekend hangover? Sadie and I are! The 2 Hottie’s had a very busy weekend. Unfortunately my husband’s uncle passed away last week. All of his activities (sounds less sad,right?) happened to land on Friday evening and Saturday morning/afternoon. Although it was a sad occasion we did get to see a lot of family members that we don’t get to hang out with that often. Sadie go to hang out with her big cousins from that side of the family AND she got to meet her newest baby cousin Layla. Boy, she is a cutie patootie! Sadie did not show much interest in her until her Aunt Tabi and I took turns holding her. Then she showed her jealous streak.


Saturday was a l-o-n-g day. We left our house at 11 am and did not get home until almost 7pm. I would have to say the highlight of my weekend happened during the funeral (which sounds awful). During the service 2 Hottie, Tabi (my sister in law), Rosie (my sister in laws BFF), Sadie, and I were all squeezed together on one couch. Sadie started acting wild, so 2 Hottie took her out to the lobby. The next thing I know the little boy sitting by us (he was probably 4) began making funny faces at Rosie. I was trying so hard not to laugh. This kid was making some EPIC faces. Then he started winking at Rosie. He was awesome. And like I mentioned earlier, he was the highlight of my weekend! I can only hope these kinds of shenanigans happen at my funeral.


We did a whole lot of nothing on Sunday. We got up and made a run to the grocery store. Then 2 Hottie mowed the grass when we got home. He loves it, so it is usually an all afternoon thing. Of course, I had the lovely job of wrangling Sadie while attempting to clean the house. On the plus side I only caught her splashing in the toilet water once yesterday! She is currently napping and I am enjoying the rain and being silently tortured by the smell of chicken cooking in the crock pot. Cheers to Monday! 


This is how we feel about Monday. (Donut Head Band by Emmy's Pretties)














No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com