Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Great Shoe String Crisis of 2014



We had a crisis. A shoe string crisis. It all started last Friday night when I bought my daughter, Sadie, a pair of sneakers at a children’s resale event that I attend twice a year. I found her the most adorable pair of Nike sneakers for $2.50.  When I got home I showed off the load of fall and winter clothing to my husband, and then proceeded to wash everything. In the midst of all of the post shopping chaos a shoe string from one of Sadie’s new sneakers disappeared. I have searched our house over on several occasions for the shoe string. It is MIA.


My theory is that our dog, Daisy May, is hiding the shoe string from us. But, since we are stuck with two sneakers and one shoe string I figured I better go buy a replacement set before Sadie’s feet out grow the sneakers. Today, Sadie and I met 2 Hottie for lunch. Afterwards she and I went on a shoe string hunt. It turned into a sweaty wild goose chase. After visiting six, I repeat, SIX stores we could not find replacement shoe strings that were the correct size and shape for the job.


The closest pair that we found were those curly q shoe strings that don’t have to be tied. I refused to by them. Which left me with one other place to look, the internet. After only searching for 10 minutes I found a pair of white, 27 inch long, round shoe strings for $4. Of course after I found out that it was going to cost me $4.99 to ship them I about choked and my eye began to twitch. After almost giving up Amazon rescued us with a cheap pair of shoe strings with free shipping! Hallelujah! Now hopefully my eye will stop twitching from the stress of the shoe string crisis of 2014.

1 comment:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com