Wednesday, October 29, 2014

It's the little things. (Like peanut butter kisses!)

Last night I had the chance to sneak away from my little Sadie Laine and the Daddy-man for a few hours. While I had a great time catching up with friends and family at dinner, I missed them boat loads. My friend Katie and I carpooled, and on the way home we got to talking about how fast our girls are growing. Her youngest daughter, Avery, and my Sadie were born 8 days apart. It is crazy that they are already 16 months old. Talking to her made me realize how quickly time has flown by, and that I need to spend less time stressing about silly things and more time focusing on my not so little baby.
How is my 7lb 9 oz girl so big already?! Puppies are her favorite.

Today I did just that. I didn't worry about the fact that my house looks like the toy box threw up inside of it. Or that the bathrooms need to be scrubbed down. That will all be there later. I needed a big dose of Sadie Laine today. She woke up super happy this morning with wet jammies. After a quick wardrobe change we made our way out to the living room.



When I sat her down in the living room I realized she has grown a lot! The pants that fit her nicely a few weeks ago now looked like they were cropped. But golly she sure looked cute. Her hair is barely long enough to put into a clip but long enough to be messy after a good nights sleep. She was full of shenanigans during breakfast! The girl refused to feed her waffle to herself. Instead she threw back her head and opened her mouth for me to feed her. I couldn't help but laugh at her! She reminded me of a little baby bird (she would have been pumped if she got to have gummy worms for breakfast).



After her first nap it was time for a snack. She ate one Nilla wafer and then attempted to feed the rest to her beloved Daisy May. Daisy is grumpy and ignored her, which resulted in Sadie running around the house waving Nilla's and yelling, "Daze, Daze, Daze....." (Daisy) in a last ditch attempt to get Daisy's attention. Then it was time for me to fold some laundry. Sadie had to help, folding laundry is her jam.



After lunch there was a unanimous agreement that Monsters University needed to be watched. As the movie started Sadie  plopped down on her little pink couch and watched the movie for a good 45 minutes (that is the longest she has ever stayed still for a show/movie). Then she needed to sit by me and give me 581 kisses during the rest of the movie.

What a cheese ball!




It is now 4PM and she is taking her second nap (she has to have energy to chase the Daddy-man when he gets home from work). I am still in my pajamas. And I am fine with it. Spending time with my little and enjoying her is totally worth it. I need to remember to slow down and enjoy the little things in life more often. You can't get any better then Monsters University and peanut butter kisses from my favorite little lady!
She was a messy eater today!


1 comment:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com