Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Feeling O-L-D

I have come to the conclusion that I am old. In less than two months I will be 26. I know, I know, that is not really old but I sure feel like I am an old lady.  The other night my husband and I were watching TV and a commercial for the AMA's came on. When it was over he looked over at me and said,"I have no clue who any of those musicians are....". Then I began to laugh because I was just thinking the same thing. 

Since I have been feeling like time has started to fly by I looked through some storage containers of old photos that have made there way into our extra bedroom. And looking at them made me laugh (and still feel old). 

After look through those photos I hopped on Facebook only to find a notification that my baby cousin Emily turned 21 today. I am willing to admit that I am in denial that she is 21. I feel like she was just born!

You see, when I was 4 my Aunt Shelly (my moms youngest sister, and Em's mom) babysat me while my mom worked. My mom would drop me off at my Aunt Shelly's and my cousin Erica (I am only a few weeks older than her) and I would hang out in our jammies until it was time to get ready for school. My very pregnant Aunt would then takes us to pre-school at the church that was only two blocks away from her house. 

After school was over we would make the short walk back to her house.  Eat lunch and then we were spend the afternoon playing and causing trouble. I remember one day we were being really REALLY naughty and my Aunt Shell told us if we kept it up the nuns were gonna come take us away and spank us with rulers. Another day I ate too many pudding cups during snack time at school. She picked Erica and I up from school and we went to Big Lots. On the way to the store I puked pudding all over her back seat. She deserves an award for dealing with two crazies while being pregnant.

When Em was born our attention turned to her, rather than playing. I remember her not wanting to sleep/nap when she was really little. My Aunt tried everything to get that girl to go to sleep. Then one day we discovered that she would fall asleep if the song "Hero", by Mariah Carey was playing. You can bet we played that song a thousand times. When she was old enough to eat solid food, Erica and I realized that she would make funny faces when she was eating. We took it upon ourselves to feed Em onions, the faces she made were hilarious!

When she got older some one made up a story about her having a twin sister that lived in the basement, her name was Eleanor. Whenever we would hear weird sounds coming from the basement we would always blame it on ol' Eleanor. It seems like just yesterday Em (and Eleanor) were born. So, in honor of little Em's birthday here are some lovely photo's that I found during my "old lady" pity party.

Erica, Em, and I on Halloween.   

 
Me, Amber, Erica, and Em (in front). This before my brother graduated HS in 1999.

Erica, Me holding Shane, and Em. This is from 2001, shortly after I finally was allowed to get a puppy.

Em and I. Judging by my shirt, this is from 2003.
Me, Aunt Shell, Erica, and Em at my 16th Birthday party. It blows my mind that this was almost 10 years ago (and Scottie 2 Hottie was totally there).



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com