Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The {Little} Bitty Mermaid

My child is obsessed with water. She is often found splashing in Daisy May's water dish. I have caught her splashing in the toilet. And she comes running into her bathroom like wild women when she hears water running in her tub.

After doing some research I signed her up for swim lessons almost a month ago. Yesterday was her first session!

She is the oldest (20 months) of the three kiddos in her class. And she was not a happy camper when we had to take a shower before entering the pool. After screaming "Nooo" 5,000 times during the shower process, we got in the pool.

I kind of expected her to freak out (she was being quite the drama queen before we left the house). AND she never been in a big pool before, just her little 3x3 kiddie pool.

The instructor, Miss B, became her bestie right away. Everything was "Woooowwwww, coooollll" or "Weeeeee". Her favorite thing about swim class was when we threw a rubber duck and she had to "swim" to get it. We sang cheesy songs like "This is the way we wash our hair, here at the YMCA" while splashing water on our children.

After swim class, we got some lunch and made our way home. Little bitty got a bath and then she took a three and a half hour nap! Hallelujah! That hasn't happened in a long time!

I can honestly say that I never thought that I would be one of "those" parents that have their one and a half year old in any type of lessons. But when you have been stuck in the house for this long, due to winter weather, you will do anything to get out of the house for an hour or two! Haha!

I am looking forward to next Tuesday! Hopefully we learn some fun new things in class. And make some new friends. I am just looking forward to warmer weather. Then we can bug the Daddy-man to put up our real pool that way my little mermaid can work on her newly acquired swim skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com