Thursday, November 13, 2014

Fresh Powder

At 7AM I sleepily peeked outside and I couldn't help but let out a squeal of delight. It snowed over night. And it was still coming down at a nice and steady pace. Most people that I know cringed when they saw the snow this morning. But not me! I L-O-V-E snow. Winter is my favorite season. I can only hope that little miss Sadie loves it as much as her Daddy-man and I do!

The first big snow usually causes people to panic when they get out on the roads. And this year was no different. It took Sadie and I a good forty minutes to drive to our local Meijer to load up on diapers (they were on sale and I had mperks rewards cash that was burning a hole in my pocket). On a normal day it would take up to 15 minutes (at the most) to make the trip. We attempted to take the highway until traffic came to a stop. After patiently waiting for a few minutes we pulled a u-turn and hit the back roads.

I am obsessed with Sadie's little foot prints!


After our adventure to the store we made it back home and decided that we should probably go play in the snow. Getting Sadie bundled up in her snow clothes did not take as long as I thought it would! Once she was dressed I couldn't help but laugh at her. She looked like she couldn't move. It reminded me of Randy from A Christmas Story.




Last winter was fabulous! We got slammed with snow. There were several different occasions where basically everything was shut down due to the weather. It was AWESOME!! However, Sadie was only 6 months old so she didn't get to enjoy as much as we did. So today she got to have her first real encounter with snow.

When I put her down she was very cautious. She insisted upon holding my hand for the first few minutes. After she got comfortable she was off to explore. She had a blast. She thought it was the best when she would stop and fall down face first into the snow. We didn't stay out too long though. Her gloves were soaked after about ten minutes. We are hoping to go back out once the Daddy-man gets home. Our fingers are crossed that it snows a ton more over the next few days!








No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com